Over the years, laser dentistry in Birmingham, AL has overtaken many everyday dentistry practices, thus, making treatments far more precise and significantly reducing the pain factor.
Laser dentistry makes use of intense beams of light that’s projected by an ultra-sharp dental laser, which can be used in a range of treatments, including soft tissue structuring and gum reshaping.
Since being approved by the FDA in 1990, laser dentistry is a practice that’s been incorporated by a number of skilled cosmetic and restorative dentists in Birmingham, AL into daily dental procedures, improving post-treatment recovery and reducing patient anxiety as well as bleeding, following a specific dental process.
One of the pioneers of dental laser treatments is Dr. Josh Hall at Hall Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, where improving patient comfort and reducing post-procedure pain are some of the highest priorities. Get laser dentistry treatments Birmingham, AL by contacting Dr. Josh Hall’s dental office at (205) 991-7840. We’re located at 6930 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, AL 35242
Benefits of Laser Dentistry and How it Can Help You
Laser dentistry boasts a variety of benefits:
- Faster healing and tissue regeneration
- Better preservation of the natural tooth
- Reduced bleeding during and after treatment
- Less of a need for anesthesia
- Reduced reliance on stitches and sutures
- Lowered risk of bacterial infections after procedures
What do you stand to gain by choosing laser dentistry over traditional treatments and procedures?
You might be surprised to know how versatile laser dentistry is. It plays a governing role in several everyday dental procedures. However, dental treatments based on laser dentistry are mostly cosmetic in nature though they are also very effective for preventive purposes as well.
For example, here are a few ways so as to how dental lasers can be used:
- Tooth preparation – Prior to laser dentistry, a drill was used to prepare the tooth for a filling. Lasers completely eliminate the need for drilling, and also anesthesia in certain cases as they cause no pain. Lasers also successfully kill oral bacteria around the surgical site.
- Reshaping soft tissue – Dental lasers can dissolve soft tissue to expose more of the natural tooth (crown lengthening), reshape soft tissue to make “gummy smiles” more attractive, and remove uncomfortable soft tissue folds caused by denture wear.
- Frenectomy – Lasers can improve speech and the feeding habits of babies, children, and adults by ‘untying’ the tongue.
- Tumor removal – When benign tumors have formed in the soft tissue areas of the mouth, a dental laser can remove them without causing pain.
- Whitening – Lasers can greatly expedite the tooth whitening process by increasing the activity of the particles in the peroxide bleaching solution.
- Biopsy – Lasers are sometimes used to perform a biopsy on suspicious areas of soft tissue. This biopsy procedure can be performed instantly and with great precision.
To learn more and get great dental care through the use of innovative laser dentistry procedures, contact Dr. Josh Hall’s dental office at (205) 991-7840. We’re located at 6930 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, AL 35242. Get in touch with us now to get the quality laser dentistry service in Birmingham, AL you deserve.